Well, since everyone responded so well to my last post with a list in it, I thought I would share another. I have been married for more than 15 years to an amazing woman that I love and respect greatly. When you are in a relationship for a long time, it can be easy to get into a rut. Here are some (often silly) ideas to spice things up. Really, this is just for laughs, unless you are with a significant other with a great sense of humor like mine. However, if you use one and it works, please comment and say so! If you have any other good or goofy ideas, I would love to hear those as well. (This is originally from xkcd.com and can be seen via the Internet Archive. Thanks to mermshaus for finding the original and giving me a heads up in comment #4. I had completely forgotten where I originally found this list.)
1. Pretend you’ve never met, then loudly try out lame pickup lines in a upscale cafe. Act like they worked.
2. Go on a walking journey and every fifteen feet draw a chalk arrow in the direction you’re going. At the end of the trip, leave a big pile of chalk.
3. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn’t really happen.
4. Go for a drive. You can only make right-hand turns. When you finally get stuck, turn around and then you can only make left-hand turns. Repeat until you find something interesting. Take pictures along the way!
5. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes.
6. Go to a major chain bookstore, and leave notes to future readers in copies of your favorite books.
7. Write a piece of fiction together. Outside at a cafe. Ask strangers when you get stuck.
8. Try and visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many things inside their apartment upside down as you can, without them noticing.
9. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you have both secretly wanted to do forever. Have an unabashed good time!
10. Hide and seek in the park.
11. Go around the city with sidewalk chalk and draw hearts with equations inside on random things.
12. Drive somewhere unknown and have dinner in a city you’ve never been to. With fake names.
13. Go for a drive with the passenger blindfolded, choosing directions at random. see where you end up.
14. Dress up as pirates, commandeer shopping carts, and have a war upon the high seas.. er, parking lot.
15. Go on a search for as many good climbing trees as possible, climb as high as you both can in all of them, compile photo evidence.
16. Rent a movie you’ve never seen before. Set on mute and improvise dialogue.
17. Dress up as pirates and go parrot shopping at local pet stores.
18. Go to the airport, get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere when you show up, and stay there for a weekend.
19. Walk around a city and perform short silent plays in front of security cameras.
20. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic, then fall asleep together. Bring a sun umbrella.
lol love it. Good times!
Thank you!! I have been struggling all day to remember where I found this originally. For some stupid reason I didn’t include a link in the text file on my computer. I will edit the original post to give credit.
Hahaha. Some of these sound like a great time. I’m totally going to have to try to "Put a movie on mute and make up the dialog" idea soon. 🙂
I’ve been wondering for quite some time were i already read this list, but then it struck me. 😉
I love ##6 & 8.
they endedin happy endings (wink wink)
#21 – Tell people you love them in the comments section.
Take a trip with only right turns ?? We’ve been circling our house for six hours. Better to do an old fashioned “R-L-R-….” trip… Takes you to places unknown…
these are amazing! i hope to try at least one of these out soon. 😀
i like number one. it’s kind of like what they did in four christmases. it’s almost like the screenwriter of the movie found this page and COPIED you!
In the right turn trip, go right straight right straight right straight and so on.
Awww! Some of them are so cute I wish I could get on with it right now!
haha really love this post
wish i had read it before my valentine’s day
a good number of these seem to involve dressing up as a pirate and you can never go wrong dressed as a pirate or a ninja for that matter but hush thats a super secret ninja secret.
I love you, Graham..
Someone had to <3
even if it is several months late 😉
Comments are closed.